Explorations: The Intervention Solution provides effective small group instruction for students who are struggling in reading. This intervention aims to provide students with explicit instruction in metacognitive reading strategies as they read informational text.
Explorations: The Intervention Solution is Tier 2 Intervention featuring:
- Self-contained, easy-to-use Topic Units making it simple to grab and go
- High-interest, appealing content to motivate students and widen academic vocabulary
- Short, complete informational texts linked by concept for close reading, plus full-length books for extended independent reading
- Supportive lesson plans to guide you through the gradual release of responsibility process
- Six developmentally leveled sets ranging in readability levels from 2nd to 5th grade (Guided Reading Levels K through Y)
- Topic Units focus on one of six comprehension strategies—Making Connections, Monitoring and Clarifying, Predicting and Inferring, Questioning, Summarizing, Visualizing.